We not only offer great products and services, we also consider the protection of your privacy extremely important.
We want to provide you with the best possible information, while respecting your privacy and giving you control over what happens to your personal data. Below, you can read more about the data we collect, why we collect that data, how long we keep it, what your privacy rights are and how you can exercise those rights.
Personal data is any data or information that can be traced back to an identified or identifiable natural person.
2. Who is responsible and what data do we process?
We, Heecon, are a BVBA, with our corporate headquarters at Maxburgdreef 11, 2321 Meer. We are registered in the KBO companies register under number 0438.850.566, and we are the data controller. We process data:
· That you share with us;
· That our systems compile;
· That we acquire from third parties.
This data can be collected in various ways (by telephone, in writing, e-mail, electronically via our contact form, via social media, … ).
All personal data collected may be grouped in the following categories:
· User data that allows us to identify you, contact you, etc.
3. What do we use your personal data for?
We process personal data for a variety of purposes, and we only process the data that is necessary to achieve our business objectives.
We process personal data in the context of:
· The preparation, execution or termination of contractual obligations;
· A legitimate interest, always striving to strike a balance between that interest and respecting your privacy;
· Statutory or regulatory obligations.
If personal data is not necessary for one of the above reasons, we will always ask you for permission to process the personal data.
We process your data for the following specific purposes:
· To process your request about our products and services;
· To inform you about our products / services;
· To comply with statutory obligations;
· To monitor our performance;
· To ensure everyone’s safety;
· To combat fraud and violations.
4. Opt-out for direct marketing
You can unsubscribe from new commercial or promotional e-mail notifications via:
· the unsubscribe link found in each e-mail campaign (at the bottom of the e-mail);
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Are your personal data sufficiently protected?
We take the following measures to protect your personal data:
· Our staff are granted access only to the data they need to perform their duties;
· All our software is constantly kept up-to-date in order to be keep out viruses and malware;
· We use a variety of security technologies and security measures to ensure your privacy.
These security measures also apply to processors acting on our behalf.
6. Do we share your data with third parties?
We do not sell or transfer your personal data to third parties, except in the following cases:
· (IT) service providers: We share your data with service providers we trust. They provide support services, such as infrastructure or IT services, and have access to certain data and information in the context of providing their services.
We share certain data with third parties who work on our behalf and who support us in the delivery of our products and services. This means we only share your data for the purposes for which Heecon processes your data, and any transfer is limited to the data third parties need to perform their task on our behalf. We ensure that they, like us, keep your data safe, respect your privacy and handle the data with due care. We provide adequate contractual safeguards to ensure this.
· This is a legal obligation
7. How long do we store your data?
We cannot store personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the objectives for which the data is collected. We store data to comply with our statutory obligations or because of the legal necessity to keep certain data (e.g. invoices and correspondence related to complaints) as evidence in case of disputes. This means that the retention period may vary depending on the purpose.
When the applicable retention period expires, your data will be permanently deleted or anonymised.
8. Automatic decision-making?
We do not make automated decisions which have legal consequences, which means that we do not use your data to make decisions without a member of staff looking at and assessing the situation first.
9. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You can exercise the following rights with regard to your data:
· Right of access: This means that you can check what data we process, as well as ask for additional information about the purposes of processing and the categories processed (point 3), who your data was shared with (point 5), how long the data is stored (point 6), and whether or not automated decisions were made (point 7). You also have the right to receive a free copy of the data processed in a readable format.
· If the data we have about you is incorrect or no longer correct, you have the right to rectification (correction).
· If you do not want us to keep all your data any longer, you can ask us to delete (erase) your data. Please keep in mind that we cannot always remove all requested personal data, for instance because we are bound by legislation to retain it.
· You have the right to have your data restricted. This means you can ask us to restrict the way we process your data. In that case, we will keep your data, but we will restrict its use.
· You have the right to have your data transferred to other parties. This allows you to request a copy of your personal data, which can, for example, be used by another service provider. This right only applies if the processing of the data is based on consent or an agreement. In addition, you can ask us to make this data available in a structured, common format and to pass this information on directly to another data controller.
· Based on your special situation, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if the processing is in the legitimate interest of Heecon.
· If the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time, however, this does not affect the processing that has already taken place based on consent given prior to revocation.
You can exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com, stating your name, e-mail address and the data you want to inspect/change/delete.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible and in any case within one month after receipt of your request. This period may be extended by two months, but we will inform you of this extension within one month of receipt of the request.
10. How do I contact Heecon?
For more information about this policy or if you want to file a complaint relating to the processing of personal data, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Escalation of complaints to the national regulator
If complaints made via email@example.com cannot be resolved, you can always report them to the national data protection authority.
Functional cookies ensure that the website works properly. They remember, for example, which data or preferences you entered before or which information has already been shown to you.
Analytical cookies provide us with information about how the website works, which pages are visited most, etc. We use this information to continuously improve our website.
Advertising & tracking cookies
These cookies allow us to track surfing behaviour on the website, for instance which pages are being viewed. This information allows us to display customised advertisements on our website and third-party websites. Third parties that place cookies via our website can also tailor their advertisements to the surfing behaviour of our visitors.
|Type||Name cookie||Objective cookie||Storage period|
|Functional||PHPSESSID||Used to store your preferences and to optimise the website||1 session|
|Analytical cookies||_ga||Cookies placed by Google Analytics to gain a better insight into the behaviour of visitors to our website. This data is used to improve the user experience on this website||2 years|
|Analytical cookies||_gid||Cookies placed by Google Analytics to gain a better insight into the behaviour of visitors to our website. This data is used to improve the user experience on this website||24 hours|
|Analytical cookies||_gat||Used by Google Analytics to monitor requests to their servers||1 minute|
Do you want to delete cookies? You can easily do this yourself in your browser. You can find more information about deleting cookies here:
· Google Chrome
· Mozilla Firefox
· Internet Explorer
13. Document version
This privacy statement may be amended from time to time. We will always place a clear announcement on our website or inform you via other regular communication channels if the policy has been changed.
Version 1.1 02/10/2018